Immigration Issues/Query about I-797 and I-824

Question
Rama,

Greetings of the day!!

I found the website quite informative and tought that you can answer my query.

I got my H1B petetion approved and my I-797 says that i have to go to Chennai Consulate, but i belong to Uttar Pradesh and my passport was issued from Lucknow, which means i come to New Delhi jurisdiction.

Now i wanted to ask that how should i apply for i-824 and what is the importance of i-824 in my case?

Who will send this i-824 to USCIS and what will be the turn around time of USCIS??

Waiting to get a reponse from your side.

Thanks
Saurabh Gupta.

Answer
Saurabh,
Why would you apply for I-824 and also it takes a long time to process this. You should go to the counsulate in New Delhi and apply for your visa and if denied try I-824 option.

Best of luck,

Sincerely,
Ramasamy Krishnan
www.ashleykrishnan.com  

Ramasamy Krishnan