Immigration Issues/Tax Calculations for International Student on F1 Visa who owns a Network Marketing Business

Proven here. I am a International Student on F1 Visa. I own a Network Marketing Business (Amway/Quixtar). I came to know that I can claim taxes for my business. I have spent significant amount on my busines in terms of Products & Services, Educational Material, Phone charges, Educational Material & Mileage.
Can you provide me some information about Tax Calculations for this purpose?

First you are not allowed to own a business on F-1 status even if it is Amyway or whatever. As to taxes I would suggest that you contact a CPA for advise. I am sorry I am an immigration attorney and not a tax expert.

Ramasamy Krishnan

Ramasamy Krishnan

Immigration particularly business immigration and National Interest Waivers.

I have over 7 years of experience in all facets of immigration law. Specifically focusing on filing of National Interest Waivers (NIW), Alien of Extraordinary Ability and Outstanding Researchers/Professors petitions for Ph.D's and other advanced degree professionals. I have also assisted clients in numerous PERM, H-1b, L and other nonimmigrant visa applications. I am a partner at the law firm Ashley & Krishnan,