Immigration Issues/will an arrest affect my chances for a B1?

My B1 has just expired and I would like to apply for a renewal. The only problem is that during one of my past trips to the US, I was arrested but never convicted.The case was dismissed.I am aware that this will be on my criminal record. Will this affect my chances for getting a B1? Or should I have my arrest sealed? Will that help?

I do not know enough about your case to give you all the information you need.  Generally, the arrest may come hurt your ability to re-enter the US and you should disclose if asked either by the consular officer or on the paperwork.  It may affect your ability to get a B visa but it would depend upon the circumstances, ie. the type of crime charged and why the case was dismissed.  If you had any pre-trial supervision or had some type of plea arrangement it may also impact your visa.  I would suggest that you consult with an attorney and give him the information so he can create the best type of solution for you.
Good Luck
Mark Ashley

Mark Ashley

Business Immigration. My practice focuses on representing researchers, scholars, and other advanced degree professionals with filing NIW, EB-1,O-1, H-1, L-1 petitions. I am a founding partner in the immigration law firm Ashley & Krishnan,

18 years as a practicing attorney.

Member of AILA

JD from St. Mary's University, Texas.

American Jurisprudence Award recipient