Immigration Issues/i am depolyed and my wife as an interview for her green card

my absence at her interview will it affect her getting the green card, i am deployed to iraq at the present moment and all her papers as been submitted and a letter arrived stated that she has an interviem, also her two year green card as been expired for awhile. will she get it knowing  that i am in the military and we have been married for 5 years and together for 6 with two daughters.

The petitioner is generally not required to be at the interview and especially in your circumstances the interviewing officer may allow it. I would suggest that you contact the Immigration office and check if they are amenable to this, since some offices are strict in requiring the presence of the spouse.

Be ready to provide extensive documentation of your marriage and your presence in Iraq.

Ramasamy Krishnan

Ramasamy Krishnan

Immigration particularly business immigration and National Interest Waivers.

I have over 7 years of experience in all facets of immigration law. Specifically focusing on filing of National Interest Waivers (NIW), Alien of Extraordinary Ability and Outstanding Researchers/Professors petitions for Ph.D's and other advanced degree professionals. I have also assisted clients in numerous PERM, H-1b, L and other nonimmigrant visa applications. I am a partner at the law firm Ashley & Krishnan,