Immigration Issues/ead and h1b

i have my ead and wife is on H4 and does not have EAD.

i am thinking of working a part time job on EAD while working primarly on H1b with my main company..

is this legal or will i considered to be illegal..

currently my 485 is pending and waiting on approval of green card..

i have mixed answers from different people where they say u cant work part time job on EAD until u get ur green card

please throw some light on this

In my opinion, you cannot work on an EAD card and also work on an H1b.  You can have two H1B employers if you have two valid H1Bs with the different employers (one full time and the other part time).  If you are working on EAD then you cannot also work on H1b.  NOTE:  With an EAD card you could work for any number of employers using the EAD card and you would not have to go through the H1B problems.  
Good Luck
Mark Ashley

Mark Ashley

Business Immigration. My practice focuses on representing researchers, scholars, and other advanced degree professionals with filing NIW, EB-1,O-1, H-1, L-1 petitions. I am a founding partner in the immigration law firm Ashley & Krishnan,

18 years as a practicing attorney.

Member of AILA

JD from St. Mary's University, Texas.

American Jurisprudence Award recipient