Immigration Issues/immigrant visa petition

Question
my dad filed immigrant visa petition for my brothers 11 years ago, and the CIS(INS) send them a letter last month about choice of agent here in the u.s. whom they can be able to contact during immigrant visa processing.  One of my brother is worried that his petition may be denied according to a certain lawyer who handle immigrant paperworks because he got married already, according to this lawyer if you have been petitioned as single you should remain single so you wont encounter any problem, is this true?

Answer
Belinda,

This would depend on whether your father is a US citizen or not. If your father is a permanent resident then the lawyer is right. If he is a US citizen then the petition automatically converts to married sons and daughter category.

Sincerely,
Ramasamy Krishnan
www.ashleykrishnan.com

Ramasamy Krishnan