Immigration Issues/question on EAD


i have my EAD and i am currently working on H1B as a software engineer. My question is can i continue my work on H1 and use my EAD for part time job( where the job may be in Walmart or any other odd job). WIll this affect my Green card in anyway or can i go ahead and start working part time on EAD


If you use your EAD (part time or full time) USCIS considers that you are no longer in H status. Though there is a difference of opinion on this, I would not do so until the USCIS issues definite guidelines on this issue.

As to whether it affects your green card or not depends on your case. I cannot comment on this without any knowledge of your case. You should consult with an immigration attorney.

Ramasamy Krishnan

Immigration Issues

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


Ramasamy Krishnan


Immigration particularly business immigration and National Interest Waivers.


I have over 7 years of experience in all facets of immigration law. Specifically focusing on filing of National Interest Waivers (NIW), Alien of Extraordinary Ability and Outstanding Researchers/Professors petitions for Ph.D's and other advanced degree professionals. I have also assisted clients in numerous PERM, H-1b, L and other nonimmigrant visa applications. I am a partner at the law firm Ashley & Krishnan,

©2017 All rights reserved.