Immigration Issues/I-485


I file an aplocation I-485 (adjustment of status through marriage), my wife
and I went to the final interview and everything was fine but the immigration
officer requested a copy of my wifes citizenship certificate and we have to
send it within 7 days which is impossible because she got her citizenship
through her mom and she doesnt have it, she has a us passport, if she
request a citizenship certificate the process take months, what can I do??
My application is going to be denied???

I cannot make a guess on whether or not your case will be denied if do not produce the certificate in a timely manner.  It is up to the officer to make the final decision.  In your case what I would suggest is that you make a copy of your wife's US passport and send in with an explanation of why you cannot produce the certificate.  You should also indicate that you have made efforts and are currently making efforts to get the document and will supplement when available.  Hopefully this will appease the officer.  
Good Luck
Mark Ashley

Immigration Issues

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


Mark Ashley


Business Immigration. My practice focuses on representing researchers, scholars, and other advanced degree professionals with filing NIW, EB-1,O-1, H-1, L-1 petitions. I am a founding partner in the immigration law firm Ashley & Krishnan,


18 years as a practicing attorney.

Member of AILA

JD from St. Mary's University, Texas.

Awards and Honors
American Jurisprudence Award recipient

©2017 All rights reserved.