Immigration Issues/from F1 to H1B and back

Question
Hi --

I enrolled as Ph.D. student, and while doing my dissertation research I found an employment opportunity related to my dissertation. This employer immediately sponsored my H1B from 2004 (and have renewed once in 2007) since they wanted to pay me. Now they have decided that they will switch my funding to my country (paying me through their collaborator in my country), which means that I will no longer be employed under H1B from the beginning of August. Will I be able to switch back to F1? I am not sure if my school still maintains me in F1 although I have been registering full-time Matriculation and Facility status ever since I switched to H1B and have been paying school fees and tuition myself. Should I approach the International Office and ask them about my F1 now? What other options for me? Will switching back to F1 pose issue with Consulate office in my country?

Thank you.  

Answer
Phung,
I do not understand your situation. Are u currently working for an employer in H status? Why are u paying school fees if you are working in H status?

You are in H status irrespective of you paying fees or not.It does not matter where the payment comes from as long as you  are working for the employer and being paid the prevailing wage, you continue to be in H status.
Sincerely,
Ramasamy Krishnan
www.ashleykrishnan.com

Ramasamy Krishnan