Immigration Issues/from F2 to F3 class


My mother filed a petition for me a few years back, then I got married not kids, do I have to call immigration or send a letter, fax, or email to let them know about this or I have to wait for the moment of the interview ?

What are my options ?

thanks for your help

It would depend on whether your mother is a US citizen or not. If she is then your case will automatically move from the 1st category to the third category. If your mother is a permanent resident, then she should file a new I-130 for you.

Ramasamy Krishnan

Immigration Issues

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


Ramasamy Krishnan


Immigration particularly business immigration and National Interest Waivers.


I have over 7 years of experience in all facets of immigration law. Specifically focusing on filing of National Interest Waivers (NIW), Alien of Extraordinary Ability and Outstanding Researchers/Professors petitions for Ph.D's and other advanced degree professionals. I have also assisted clients in numerous PERM, H-1b, L and other nonimmigrant visa applications. I am a partner at the law firm Ashley & Krishnan,

©2017 All rights reserved.