Immigration Issues/Green card issue


I am a canadian citizen living in the US (green card) for 10 years. My green card expires in 2 months. I need to either renew or apply for citizenship. The normal process could take 12 months or more. I am now remarried w/american citizen (4 years). Is there a way to accelerate the process since I have US spouse? In that case which form should I use? Any recommandations for quick(er) processing?

Thank you.  

To renew your green card you need to file Form I-90. To apply for US citizenship you need to file Form N-400. The process is not expedited due to marriage to a US citizen. I have no recommendations the choice of becoming a US citizen or continuing to be a permanent resident is yours.

Ramasamy Krishnan

Immigration Issues

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


Ramasamy Krishnan


Immigration particularly business immigration and National Interest Waivers.


I have over 7 years of experience in all facets of immigration law. Specifically focusing on filing of National Interest Waivers (NIW), Alien of Extraordinary Ability and Outstanding Researchers/Professors petitions for Ph.D's and other advanced degree professionals. I have also assisted clients in numerous PERM, H-1b, L and other nonimmigrant visa applications. I am a partner at the law firm Ashley & Krishnan,

©2017 All rights reserved.