Immigration Issues/Greencard Expired, Citizenship

Question
My Greencard has expired. I have filed for N-400 application for US citizenship. It's been 15 months since biometrics. I need to travel overseas. Questions:
1) Can I get an extension on the greencard without having to apply for Greencard renewal?
2) Do I need a valid Greencard at the time of US Citizenship Interview or it doesn't matter?

Answer
Amrish Patel,
Generally if you filed your N-400 six months or more prior to the expiration date of permanent resident card need not renew it. To travel you may need to file for an extension. (I-90) You may reenter with passport, green card and I-90 receipt. I would suggest that you schedule an Infopass and contact your local office if they will provide you with document to reenter the US without trouble.

You do not need a valid greencard at the time of US citizenship.

Sincerely,
Ramasamy Krishnan
www.ashleykrishnan.com

Ramasamy Krishnan