You are here:

Immigration Issues/H-1 visa cancellation by employer ?


Hi Mark,

 Thanks for taking this question. If I transfer my H1 from company A to company B, it is my understanding that I need not get my visa re-stamped as long as my visa is valid.
 However, what if my old employer revokes the H-1B petition. Does that cancel the visa too ? Will I have to applying for a re-stamping ?

Pls clarify.

You are correct, you do not need to get your H visa stamped again if you  switch from co A to co B.  As long as you have filed a new H1B with co B it does not matter what co A does with regard to canceling your H1B.
Good Luck
Mark Ashley

Immigration Issues

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


Mark Ashley


Business Immigration. My practice focuses on representing researchers, scholars, and other advanced degree professionals with filing NIW, EB-1,O-1, H-1, L-1 petitions. I am a founding partner in the immigration law firm Ashley & Krishnan,


18 years as a practicing attorney.

Member of AILA

JD from St. Mary's University, Texas.

Awards and Honors
American Jurisprudence Award recipient

©2017 All rights reserved.

[an error occurred while processing this directive]