Immigration Issues/H1-B will need to renew or can wait to adjust through marriage?

Question
My H-1B is set to expire mid November. I am getting married early October to a U.S. Citizen and will pursue the permanent residency marriage-based process. It seems then that it's unlikely I would receive permission to work through an adjustment of status before my current H-1B expires. My question is:
Is there any way to get a less costly short extension to my H-1B that would allow me to apply for change of status through marriage and receive work permission on time, instead of applying for a full 3 more years of H-1B?
My concern is if my employer extends my visa that I would be committed to work for them for a period of time or be obligated to pay back the visa legal and processing fees should I choose to work elsewhere once I'm a permanent resident.

thank you

Answer
Leo Salinas,
There is no "less costly extension" option available. I would suggest that you file for your Adjustment of Status and Employment Authorization (EAD) immediately after marriage. If lucky you may get EAD approved before the expiry of your H-1B or you can take a leave of absence and get back to work for the company once you receive your EAD.

Sincerely,
Ramasamy Krishnan
www.ashleykrishnan.com

Ramasamy Krishnan