Immigration Issues/Priority Date Transfer

Question
I am USC and petitioned for my parents and brother in July 2003. My parents were approved right away and my brother was not. And in September 2004 my father (a PR) petitioned for my brother. Is there a way to use the original priority date instead of September 04?

Answer
Hi Arda,

The original priority date of July 2003 cannot be used. If your father becomes a U.S. citizen, then the original priority date of September 2004 can be used, and your brother will fall into the first family preference category instead of F2B. The following webpage from our website explains the family preference categories: http://h1b1.com/sponsor.htm

Ajay K. Arora, Esq.
www.h1b1.com

Ajay K. Arora