You are here:

Immigration Issues/Regarding Visiting visa


Actually one of my friend is comming to USA on Visiting visa.After comming here is there any possibility to change his status, means converting to some other status like student or something.
Can u please advise me.

Yes you can change your visa status in the United States. But there is also a question of intent that you need to overcome in these situations. The USCIS will presume fraudulent intent if you change your status immediately on arrival.

Ramasamy Krishnan

Immigration Issues

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


Ramasamy Krishnan


Immigration particularly business immigration and National Interest Waivers.


I have over 7 years of experience in all facets of immigration law. Specifically focusing on filing of National Interest Waivers (NIW), Alien of Extraordinary Ability and Outstanding Researchers/Professors petitions for Ph.D's and other advanced degree professionals. I have also assisted clients in numerous PERM, H-1b, L and other nonimmigrant visa applications. I am a partner at the law firm Ashley & Krishnan,

©2017 All rights reserved.

[an error occurred while processing this directive]