You are here:

Immigration Issues/Sponsor and Co-sponsor for K-1 visa


Hi Ramasamy, I am currently processing a petition in order to get a K-1 visa for my fiance.  Form I-129F was approved by the USCIS and now we are waiting for the NVC to recieve and process the case.  
   My question is concerning forms I-134, I-864, I-864a.    I'm currently taking my medical boards so I have no income at the moment.  However, my parents have agreed to support us and be the co-sponsor for my fiance.  I am just confused to which form I as suppose to fill out and will it be a problem If my parents are the sole sponsors.

You need the form I-864 and I-864a. You are the principal and your parents are the co-sponsors. Even if you do not make enough income. You need to wait for the instructions from NVC before you send them out.

Ramasamy Krishnan

Immigration Issues

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


Ramasamy Krishnan


Immigration particularly business immigration and National Interest Waivers.


I have over 7 years of experience in all facets of immigration law. Specifically focusing on filing of National Interest Waivers (NIW), Alien of Extraordinary Ability and Outstanding Researchers/Professors petitions for Ph.D's and other advanced degree professionals. I have also assisted clients in numerous PERM, H-1b, L and other nonimmigrant visa applications. I am a partner at the law firm Ashley & Krishnan,

©2017 All rights reserved.