You are here:

Immigration Issues/Waiting for immigrant visa


I'm a green card holder who is currently outside the u.s bcz i'm waiting for my daughter's case(5years old).I applied for an immigrant visa for her and my husband with a priority date of dec. 2004.I would really like to take my family and stay in the states until their case becomes current bcz these long stays outside the country could result in loss of statusfor me.I was wondering if i could get my husband any kind of buisness or study visa.He is a doctor who has been working in pharmaceutical sales and marketing for more than 10 years.I have a big family in the states willing to help and they own various carlots.Is there anything we could do?I also heard about some courses he could start and be given a visa could that apply to our case?plz also note that i have no tax history since i dont work in the states.will that be a problem?
Thanks in advance,

You can get your husband to come to the US only through a visa that has a dual intent requirement. So the best option would be through a H-1B visa.
For taking some courses, you need a F visa but since you have already applied for an immigrant visa for him, he will not be eligible to come to the US under this option.

Ramasamy Krishnan

Immigration Issues

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


Ramasamy Krishnan


Immigration particularly business immigration and National Interest Waivers.


I have over 7 years of experience in all facets of immigration law. Specifically focusing on filing of National Interest Waivers (NIW), Alien of Extraordinary Ability and Outstanding Researchers/Professors petitions for Ph.D's and other advanced degree professionals. I have also assisted clients in numerous PERM, H-1b, L and other nonimmigrant visa applications. I am a partner at the law firm Ashley & Krishnan,

©2017 All rights reserved.