Immigration Issues/citizenship

Question
In the USA a child is granted citizenship merely by being born on American soil. Even if the parents are NOT US citizens. I am curious if there is any other country in the world in which a child is considered a citizen of that country just by being born there.

Thanks for Reviewing My Question!
Alex

Answer

Yes, a child born in the U.S. is a U.S. citizen even if his parents are in the U.S. illegally.

I do not know the answer as to whether this is the norm in other parts of the world, as all sovereign countries have their own sets of rules and regulations...but in general terms being granted automatic citizenship based purely on circumstances of birth (and not taking the parents' status into account) appears to be rare outside the U.S.

Ajay K. Arora, Esq.
www.h1b1.com

Ajay K. Arora