Immigration Issues/h1b

Question
I am currently working for company A under OPT and my h1 got approved and will be in effect from Oct '08. I want to leave the company and US in June '09 and move back to India. If I decide to come back to the US after 2 years and find a job with a different company, does the company need to go through the entire h1b application process or can they transfer my current visa, even though I was unemployed and not in US for 2 years ? please advice.

Thanks.

Answer
Anu,
There is no such thing as transfer of visas or employers. The new company has to file the entire H-1B process again. The good news is that you will not be subject to the H-1B quota if it continues to exist two years from now.

Sincerely,
Ramasamy Krishnan

Ramasamy Krishnan