Immigration Issues/h1b status

Question

I will begin my H1 in oct. If I decide to leave the US after 1 year, for 2 years, and want to come back after 2 years and work for a company again, can the company just revoke my H1b or do I have to go through the whole process ?

Thanks.

Answer

H-1B status is employer specific. This means that if you want to work for another company in the future, the new company must file an H-1B petition for you. Only then can you work for the new company.

You will not be subject to the visa cap again in the future when the new company files an H-1B petition for you.

Ajay K. Arora, Esq.
www.h1b1.com

Ajay K. Arora