Immigration Issues/marriage US_UK

Question
I am a us citizen planning on marrying a UK citizen. Can we get married in the US while he is visiting (if he returns as usual after the marriage) and then apply for a UK marriage visa for me after the fact? Do we have to get a fiance visa from the US or the UK first or can we get married in the US and then prepare the paperwork for my eventual move to the UK?

Answer
Yes. But you don't have to have him leave. He can come to visit, and then get married, and then you can file for him here. Then while you are waiting for the application you can live together, he can get a job, etc.  The next best choice is the fiance visa. Going through the consulate is a very difficult and arbitrary process. Particularly since you will not be living with him. How can you prove that the relationship is a legitimate marriage when you do not live with your husband???? I don't think you can.

Good luck.

Alexander J. Hay