Immigration Issues/work permit


I wanted to know how or even if my boyfriend can apply for a work visa even though he is in the USA but he has no papers and he has one baby 4 months old.

If he gets married to a US citizen and applies for his permanent residency he will be eligible to obtain work authorization. I would advise you to consult with an immigration attorney to confirm this. He his not eligible to either stay in the US or work just because he has a baby.

Ramasamy Krishnan

Immigration Issues

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


Ramasamy Krishnan


Immigration particularly business immigration and National Interest Waivers.


I have over 7 years of experience in all facets of immigration law. Specifically focusing on filing of National Interest Waivers (NIW), Alien of Extraordinary Ability and Outstanding Researchers/Professors petitions for Ph.D's and other advanced degree professionals. I have also assisted clients in numerous PERM, H-1b, L and other nonimmigrant visa applications. I am a partner at the law firm Ashley & Krishnan,

©2017 All rights reserved.