Immigration Issues/AOS

My brother has a pending I485 application. He needs to go back to our home country. His advance parole has already been approved but he has not been fingerprinted yet for I485. Can he leave now? What happens if we get a notice for his fingerprint appointment? Can he be fingerprinted in our home country? Also, his H4 visa is already expired. Will there be a problem for him if he comes back in the US with a pending immigrant status but was paroled?

Another question, my I485 has been pending for more than a year now. They postponed my interview that is supposed to be for next month and have not heard from them yet. How many more months do you think will I have to wait?

He can leave and reenter the US on advance parole. If he gets his fingerprints notice, it can be rescheduled to a later date. He cannot be fingerprinted at your home country.  

Your I-485 could have been postponed due to an administrative delay. You can only know the exact reason by talking to them.

Ramasamy Krishnan

Ramasamy Krishnan

Immigration particularly business immigration and National Interest Waivers.

I have over 7 years of experience in all facets of immigration law. Specifically focusing on filing of National Interest Waivers (NIW), Alien of Extraordinary Ability and Outstanding Researchers/Professors petitions for Ph.D's and other advanced degree professionals. I have also assisted clients in numerous PERM, H-1b, L and other nonimmigrant visa applications. I am a partner at the law firm Ashley & Krishnan,