Immigration Issues/B1 Spouse



I am on Business Visa(B1) and will traveling to USA on a regularly basis. I can't leave my wife alone in India for 3 months or so. Can I have my wife apply for B1 Visa? Will that workout? If so, what will be the procedure? Please guide. Thank you so much for your response in advance.

You can, but whether she will be approved or not would depend on the US consulate officer. He needs to be convinced that your wife will return from the US. The procedure is same as you did when you applied for the B visa. The only difference is the reason for the application.

Ramasamy Krishnan

Immigration Issues

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


Ramasamy Krishnan


Immigration particularly business immigration and National Interest Waivers.


I have over 7 years of experience in all facets of immigration law. Specifically focusing on filing of National Interest Waivers (NIW), Alien of Extraordinary Ability and Outstanding Researchers/Professors petitions for Ph.D's and other advanced degree professionals. I have also assisted clients in numerous PERM, H-1b, L and other nonimmigrant visa applications. I am a partner at the law firm Ashley & Krishnan,

©2017 All rights reserved.