Immigration Issues/F-1 to H-1 status change

I finished my masters in August 2006 and then I was OPT until 2007. I currently have H-1B with my current employer.My F-1 visa expired in May 2007. I can go to Mexico for my H-1b stamping. will there be any issue since my F-1 visa had expired? Please advise, Thanks,

You are in H status since the effective date of your H-1B approval notice. The F visa expiry has no bearing on obtaining a H visa. The only issue on travelling to Mexico would be that if they deny the visa you may have trouble re-entering the US.

Ramasamy Krishnan

Ramasamy Krishnan

Immigration particularly business immigration and National Interest Waivers.

I have over 7 years of experience in all facets of immigration law. Specifically focusing on filing of National Interest Waivers (NIW), Alien of Extraordinary Ability and Outstanding Researchers/Professors petitions for Ph.D's and other advanced degree professionals. I have also assisted clients in numerous PERM, H-1b, L and other nonimmigrant visa applications. I am a partner at the law firm Ashley & Krishnan,