Immigration Issues/H1 approval notice

Currently I am on OPT. I am a beneficiary of H1B with a start date of Oct. 1, 2008 with a company. I don't have access to their attorney (I was never given that information). Does the company have to send me the H1 approval document? If they withhold the approval, can I ask INS to send me a copy since I am an employee of that company? Thanks for your help in clarifying this point.

The company is required to send you a copy of the approved I-94 and the attorney is required to give you a copy of your file if you wish.  If they refuse, you can contact my office and we will get it straightened out for you.
Good Luck
Mark Ashley

Mark Ashley

Business Immigration. My practice focuses on representing researchers, scholars, and other advanced degree professionals with filing NIW, EB-1,O-1, H-1, L-1 petitions. I am a founding partner in the immigration law firm Ashley & Krishnan,

18 years as a practicing attorney.

Member of AILA

JD from St. Mary's University, Texas.

American Jurisprudence Award recipient