Immigration Issues/H1 approval notice

Question
Currently I am on OPT. I am a beneficiary of H1B with a start date of Oct. 1, 2008 with a company. I don't have access to their attorney (I was never given that information). Does the company have to send me the H1 approval document? If they withhold the approval, can I ask INS to send me a copy since I am an employee of that company? Thanks for your help in clarifying this point.

Answer
Aditi,
The company is required to send you a copy of the approved I-94 and the attorney is required to give you a copy of your file if you wish.  If they refuse, you can contact my office and we will get it straightened out for you.
Good Luck
Mark Ashley
www.ashleykrishnan.com

Mark Ashley