Immigration Issues/H1B Transfer

Question

I have joined my company on May 6, 2008 and have been waiting since that time for a project but havent got one. I am getting a good offer from another company but I dont have any pay stubs from the current company. How do I proceed on Transfer??

Reg,
Rajesh

Answer
Rajesh,
The USCIS may on may not ask for the paystubs. In most cases they do. You need to contact your new company's attorney and pose this question, since the H-1B is filed by the company and not you.

My firm has overcome this by showing that you are still an employee in valid H status. The new USCIS directions on this subject are also helpful in this regard.

Sincerely,
Ramasamy Krishnan
www.ashleykrishnan.com

Ramasamy Krishnan