Immigration Issues/H1B Transfer

Question

I have joined my company on May 6, 2008 and have been waiting since that time for a project but havent got one. I am getting a offer from another company but I dont have any pay stubs from the current company. How do I proceed on Transfer??

Reg,
Sat

Answer
Hi Rajesh,

In order to maintain H-1B status, you must receive at least the agreed-upon salary from the H-1B employer. Another rule is that in order to extend H-1B status with another employer in the U.S., you must be currently maintaining your H-1B status.

Rajesh, I recommend that the new employer file an H-1B petition for you through premium processing, so that the approval notice is issued within two weeks of filing. You will probably find that although the USCIS has approved the petition, the approval notice does not have an I-94 attached to it, and therefore to activate H-1B status through the new company, you must apply for H-1B visa stamp at a U.S. Consulate abroad. Upon entry to the U.S., you can work for the new employer.

Ajay K. Arora, Esq.
www.H1B1.com

Ajay K. Arora