Immigration Issues/H1b travel to Mexico


I have a client in Mexico that is looking for IT (Information Technology) consulting help.  My company is in Georgia.  I would like to engage a subcontractor of another firm (I do not hold the H1b)that I can send to mexico for this assignment.  the projected length of this work is 4 months.  Is it possible for this consultnat to travel to Mexico regularly to perform this work?


The consultant can travel to Mexico to perform his work. As long as in the US he his paid the prevailing wage and abides by all the H-1B rules.  But to reenter he needs to have a valid H visa.

Ramasamy Krishnan

Immigration Issues

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


Ramasamy Krishnan


Immigration particularly business immigration and National Interest Waivers.


I have over 7 years of experience in all facets of immigration law. Specifically focusing on filing of National Interest Waivers (NIW), Alien of Extraordinary Ability and Outstanding Researchers/Professors petitions for Ph.D's and other advanced degree professionals. I have also assisted clients in numerous PERM, H-1b, L and other nonimmigrant visa applications. I am a partner at the law firm Ashley & Krishnan,

©2017 All rights reserved.