Immigration Issues/H4 Visa - Required Documents

Question
Hi Mr.Ajay,
    I am planning to apply for H4. My husband recently transffered his H1 from one company to other. What all documents I will need to apply for a H4 visa. I am in India.

Thanks and Regards,
  Jeni

Answer
Hi Jeni,

You should apply for H-4 visa directly at the nearest U.S. Consulate. Carry with you copy of the following: I-129H (H-1B) approval notice of the H-1B spouse, copy of Form I-129H and LCA filed by the H-1B spouse, copy of all supporting documentation filed with Form I-129H, Marriage Certificate, Birth Certificate and original passport (of spouse), letter of employment from H-1B holder's employer, notarized copy of passport, bank statement or tax returns showing enough income to support dependent spouse, recent pay stubs and W-2 (summary of annual income) of the H-1B spouse, a few wedding photographs and wedding invitation card, and visa fee. Do not submit original documents since they are unlikely to be returned, but originals should be available upon request by a Consular official. Some of the above documents are not required for change of status, but the above list is a comprehensive reference of documents that should be immediately available.

Ajay K. Arora, Esq.
www.h1b1.com

Ajay K. Arora