Immigration Issues/Help with I-90

Question
Dear Mr. Krishnan,
My name is Sumi Bose and I am filling out the I-90 form to renew my green card which is expiring. I originally came to the US with a permanent resident status and never required a visa. I have a few questions regarding the form and would appreciate any help in this matter.

1)APPLICATION STATUS: I travel once every year to the US and stay for a few months (it varies every year between 2-6 months). The form asks for my status and here are the options given
a) Permanent Resident - (Not a Commuter)
b) Permanent Resident - (Commuter)
c) Conditional Permanent Resident
Which would be my status?

2) PROCESSING INFORMATION: City of residence where you applied for an immigrant visa or adjustment of status.
I am unsure of this question above. I had my initial interview for coming to the US at Mumbai, India. However, my mother (who is a citizen) had filed the paperwork for sponsorship in Albany, NY while I was in India. I received my Green Card in the mail a few weeks after my arrival to the US (Albany, NY).
I am unsure of which city to put down for adjustment of Status and the consulate where the status was adjusted? Would it be Albany, NY or Mumbai, India?

3) The form also asks for the date of admission an an immigrant or adjustment of status.
I first came to the US on 07/21/1998. Would this be the date I fill in here?

4) Since I never had a immigrant visa, the question in the form that asks "If you entered the US with an immigrant Visa, also complete the following" does this section need to be filled out?

I would greatly appreciate your help with these questions. I am a poor college student and need to fill out this form ASAP.

Thanks in advance for all your help,
Sumi

Answer
Sumi,

It does not matter whether your "a poor college student" or a rich one, we try to help as many as possible.

Answers:

b) Permanent Resident - (Commuter)
c) Conditional Permanent Resident
Which would be my status?

Permanent resident -not a commuter.

It should be Mumbai, India

It would be the date you entered the US.

YES.  It needs to be completed especially in your case.

Sincerely,
Ramasamy Krishnan

Ramasamy Krishnan