Immigration Issues/Immigration

Question
Dear Sir

I am in H-1 on Oct 2007 with company A and transfered to company B on Dec and that is approved on April 11 2008 and now  after working for 2 month I am changing to F-1 status. Is that a problem whether USCIS will suspicious why I am changing my status so much.

Please help me out.

Thanks
Rupa

Answer
Hi Rupa,

No, this is not a problem if you wait at least one to two months after April 11 before filing change of status application. You should also provide evidence (such as through recent pay stubs) that you were maintaining H-1B status at the time that the change of status to F-1 application (Form I-539) was filed.

Ajay K. Arora, Esq.
www.h1b1.com

Ajay K. Arora