Immigration Issues/Immigration

Dear Sir

I am in so trouble. My employer is going to cancel my H-1 on this Wednesday and I am changing my status from H-1 to F-1 and I get the I-20 and other supporting document I am mailing to USCIS on Monday through FedEx and that will reach on Tuesday. So the USCIS will reject my change of status coz the employer is canceling on Wednesday so the receipt notice I will get only after 2 weeks. Is that a problem or not.

I think it should be fine, since you are mailing it out on Monday and your application reaches before your employer withdraws your H approval. Try e-filing if it is possible. If you efile you need to send the supporting documents within 10 days.
Has your employer paid you all the wages due and provided you with a one way ticket.

Ramasamy Krishnan

Ramasamy Krishnan

Immigration particularly business immigration and National Interest Waivers.

I have over 7 years of experience in all facets of immigration law. Specifically focusing on filing of National Interest Waivers (NIW), Alien of Extraordinary Ability and Outstanding Researchers/Professors petitions for Ph.D's and other advanced degree professionals. I have also assisted clients in numerous PERM, H-1b, L and other nonimmigrant visa applications. I am a partner at the law firm Ashley & Krishnan,