Immigration Issues/Immigration


Dear Sir

I am H-1 with the consultancy and working in a project and I finished my project and I filed my status from H-1 to F-1. I tell lie to my consultancy that I am going to Canada for stamping but I will here in USA. My consultancy tell me to send the proof of ticket and I am going to send them. So is that affect my change of status application or not. Does the consultancy will show the USCIS that I am outside the USA.

Please help me out


You do not need to show them anything. Your company cannot do or say anything that will affect your change of status from H to F, as you have already filed your COS application. If the consultancy has not paid you the prevailing wages, they can be forced to pay you the backwages.

Ramasamy Krishnan

Immigration Issues

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


Ramasamy Krishnan


Immigration particularly business immigration and National Interest Waivers.


I have over 7 years of experience in all facets of immigration law. Specifically focusing on filing of National Interest Waivers (NIW), Alien of Extraordinary Ability and Outstanding Researchers/Professors petitions for Ph.D's and other advanced degree professionals. I have also assisted clients in numerous PERM, H-1b, L and other nonimmigrant visa applications. I am a partner at the law firm Ashley & Krishnan,

©2017 All rights reserved.