Immigration Issues/Immigration

Question
Dear Sir

I am H-1 with the consultancy and working in a project and I finished my project and I filed my status from H-1 to F-1. I tell lie to my consultancy that I am going to Canada for stamping but I will here in USA. My consultancy tell me to send the proof of ticket and I am going to send them. So is that affect my change of status application or not. Does the consultancy will show the USCIS that I am outside the USA.

Please help me out

Rupa

Answer
Rupa,
You do not need to show them anything. Your company cannot do or say anything that will affect your change of status from H to F, as you have already filed your COS application. If the consultancy has not paid you the prevailing wages, they can be forced to pay you the backwages.

Sincerely,
Ramasamy Krishnan
www.ashleykrishnan.com

Ramasamy Krishnan