Immigration Issues/L1 VISA issue

Question
hi, i am arpit i came here in US on B1/B2 BUSINESS visa which is still valid till 2012. the last time i came here in 2004 i took a extenstion on my I-94 and then before expiring in march 2005 i filed my L1 but it's been 3 yrs now i didn't get any approval from them, the status is still pending, we send so many letters but there is no reply yet what should i do, i am so confused because now i started stablishing my business here my status is uncertain.i can't go back to country because my I94 was no more valid. my situation is uncertain what should i do.

Answer
Hi Arpit,

You are able to remain legally in the U.S. for up to 240 days after filing a petition requesting change of status.

You did not state anywhere in your email about the USCIS receiving the L1 petition that was allegedly filed. If the USCIS had received it, your filing fee check would have been cashed and you would have received a receipt notice. The L1 petition would also have been approved a long time ago.

Arpit, it appears that you are currently violating your immigration status. If you depart the U.S., you will be subject to a 10-year bar to entry to the U.S. I cannot advise further.

Ajay K. Arora, Esq.
www.h1b1.com

Ajay K. Arora