Immigration Issues/Reg- J1 Transfer


Dear Sir,

I could like to know once we got No Objection Letter from my home country and wavier is issued by U.S.Government, what's the option to change my J1 Visa to other Visa, It's not possible to apply for a H1-B Visa before April but my visa expires on December, I am not good enough to pay and join a college for F1 Visa, I dont have option to start a Business for B Visa, please advice the possibilities of transfer of my J1 Visa to other Visa without going back to my country.

I cannot advice you on the "possibilities" without the knowledge of your case. Unless your question is specific enough this forum is not the best format for you to seek information on the various options available to you. For example you could switch to O visa or a TN visa, but I do not know whether you have the qualifications to file for this. I would suggest you consult with an attorney to explore your options to stay in the US.

Best of luck.

Ramasamy Krishann

Immigration Issues

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


Ramasamy Krishnan


Immigration particularly business immigration and National Interest Waivers.


I have over 7 years of experience in all facets of immigration law. Specifically focusing on filing of National Interest Waivers (NIW), Alien of Extraordinary Ability and Outstanding Researchers/Professors petitions for Ph.D's and other advanced degree professionals. I have also assisted clients in numerous PERM, H-1b, L and other nonimmigrant visa applications. I am a partner at the law firm Ashley & Krishnan,

©2017 All rights reserved.