Immigration Issues/Renewal of Advance Parole

Question
We had recently used the parole for entry to US and we will be using it again next month. The AP document has a validity till last week of August, 2008. What is the best time to renew the AP document, can we apply for renewal now? I have read that one should not travel while the renewal is pending and if it is true then should we apply in August first week as we will be using AP document for travel during the month of July.
Also the officer at the port of entry this time has given us a period of one year (paroled for one year) on AP document. What does this mean as it can take years to get our PR card as I-485 will be pending for years as emplyment based dates are so backlogged. Please give your suggestions on the best time for the renewal of AP document and what the stamp of "paroled for one year period" means?

regards....

Answer
Peter,
You can certainly apply for your extension immediately, but you would be required to return in time for biometrics.Though there is no restriction on travel during the pendency of the AP application, I suggest that you not leave the country until you comply with the biometrics. If you need to leave urgently then you need to return prior to the expiry of the current AP.

The USCIS has stated that it will provide the I-94 only for a year, but its expiry does not   impact your authorized period of stay . You are still considered to be lawfully present in the US.

Sincerely,

Ramasamy krishnan
www.ashleykrishnan.com

Ramasamy Krishnan