Immigration Issues/Residency while I-485 is pending

I am a U.S. citizen and my husband and I filed the I-30 and I-485 forms in April 2008 (we married in Sept 2007).  We have not yet received an appointment for our interview.  Due to family and work issues we are considering dual residences (Pittsburgh, PA and Dallas, TX).  I will be traveling between both homes since my employer allows me to work from any location.  Is this allowed while the I-485 is pending?

It is allowed. Nothing is forbidden. Just remember that you and your husband need to prove that the marriage is legitimate. The legal presumption is that the marriage is a sham. If you cannot prove that the marriage is legitimate by showing that you both live in the same house, share the same life, etc. your visa will be denied.

Good luck.

Alexander J. Hay

I am a U.S. lawyer with offices in Houston, Texas and in Belize. I can answer questions on U.S. Immigration, U.S. corporate law, and Offshore Tax and Asset Planning.
If you are on an H or L visa I am NOT GOING TO ANSWER your questions since they are usually highly fact oriented, and also you have a company attorney handling the whole thing. Call your own attorney please! If you disregard this request, don't be surprised if I answer with "homework question".

I am a U.S. attorney with offices in the United States and Belize. I have experience helping to protect assets, reduce taxes, and improve investment performance by utilizing global investment techniques.

Harvard University, A.B. degree; University of Houston Law Center, J.D. Degree; Fulbright Scholar