Immigration Issues/Residency while I-485 is pending

Question
I am a U.S. citizen and my husband and I filed the I-30 and I-485 forms in April 2008 (we married in Sept 2007).  We have not yet received an appointment for our interview.  Due to family and work issues we are considering dual residences (Pittsburgh, PA and Dallas, TX).  I will be traveling between both homes since my employer allows me to work from any location.  Is this allowed while the I-485 is pending?

Answer
It is allowed. Nothing is forbidden. Just remember that you and your husband need to prove that the marriage is legitimate. The legal presumption is that the marriage is a sham. If you cannot prove that the marriage is legitimate by showing that you both live in the same house, share the same life, etc. your visa will be denied.

Good luck.

Alexander J. Hay