Immigration Issues/Termination of H1B visa, and the INS notification

Question
I will be terminated as of July 1, 2008 at my current employer. My question is how long it takes usually for the INS to process the revocation of my H1B visa? I wanted to go to Canada between July 3-7, 2008, and am worried if I will face any problems on my way back to the US.

thanks for your reply in advance,

Answer
Alp,
Upon the date you lose your job, you are no longer on H1B.  Thus, if you leave the US after you have been terminated, you should not be allowed to reenter the US as you are no longer on H1B status.  I would advise you to find a new employer, have them file an H1B for you immediately and that you wait until your new H1B is approved before you leave the US.
Good Luck
Mark Ashley
www.ashleykrishnan.com

Mark Ashley