Immigration Issues/Termination of H1B visa, and the INS notification

I will be terminated as of July 1, 2008 at my current employer. My question is how long it takes usually for the INS to process the revocation of my H1B visa? I wanted to go to Canada between July 3-7, 2008, and am worried if I will face any problems on my way back to the US.

thanks for your reply in advance,

Upon the date you lose your job, you are no longer on H1B.  Thus, if you leave the US after you have been terminated, you should not be allowed to reenter the US as you are no longer on H1B status.  I would advise you to find a new employer, have them file an H1B for you immediately and that you wait until your new H1B is approved before you leave the US.
Good Luck
Mark Ashley

Mark Ashley

Business Immigration. My practice focuses on representing researchers, scholars, and other advanced degree professionals with filing NIW, EB-1,O-1, H-1, L-1 petitions. I am a founding partner in the immigration law firm Ashley & Krishnan,

18 years as a practicing attorney.

Member of AILA

JD from St. Mary's University, Texas.

American Jurisprudence Award recipient