Immigration Issues/Travelling while H1B transfer

Question
Hi.
I'm in US working for company A.I came to US in Nov 2007.Now I have got offer from Company B and they are willing to transfer my H1B. I have given them all necessary documents to start the process.Now my question is Can i travel to India while Company B is filing a petition to transfer my H1 from Company A. Someone told me that traveling abroad is not advisable while your H1 is being transferred. If I go to India right now and come back after couple of weeks, I'll still be the employee of company A until I get the Visa stamp of Company B in my passport.
I need to go to India as it's urgent and need to know whether this may cerate any trouble while entering back in US again???

Answer
Vishal,
I recommend that you not travel while your new H1B is pending.  If you need to go abroad, then go abroad now while you are working for Company A.  Once you get back in the US, company B can file for your H1B.  NOTE:  you do not have to wait until your new H1b is approved to work for company B.  You may work for them once they have filed for then new H1B.
Good Luck
Mark Ashley
www.ashleykrishnan.com

Mark Ashley