Immigration Issues/Visa Document issue


Hi I am Siva. How r u doing? I have worked for Company A in H1B visa and during my service I applied for H1B extension through company A. But before company A visa expiration & USCIS approve my extension, I got an offer from company B and I transferred my H1B visa to company B and my company B visa is also activated by generating first month payroll.

After one and half months joining company B now USCIS approved company A H1B extension and sent the document to company A attorney. Company A not giving the H1B extension document to me and I called USCIS to get the duplicate copy but they are not providing me the copy.

My question is whether that company A approved H1B extension document is necessary for my future visa extension or for a green card process?

Please help me to clarify this issue.

As long as you continue to maintain status and have a current I-94 from the H approval of your current company (B) you should be fine. You do not have the right to approval notice from company A as you are not an employee of that company.

Ramasamy Krishnan

Immigration Issues

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


Ramasamy Krishnan


Immigration particularly business immigration and National Interest Waivers.


I have over 7 years of experience in all facets of immigration law. Specifically focusing on filing of National Interest Waivers (NIW), Alien of Extraordinary Ability and Outstanding Researchers/Professors petitions for Ph.D's and other advanced degree professionals. I have also assisted clients in numerous PERM, H-1b, L and other nonimmigrant visa applications. I am a partner at the law firm Ashley & Krishnan,

©2017 All rights reserved.