Immigration Issues/h4 to h1

Question
Good Morning,
My wife is goin for H4 stamping following week and today i got to know that her H1 application is approved.
I want to know that if she come to US under H4 can she start work with her approved H1 I797 from Oct onwards. Else if she go for H1 stamping can she join me before Oct08.
If by chance her visa is deny can she apply for H4.
Many thanks for helping us
Harbux Singh

Answer
Harbux,
Usually a person with an approved H1B will be allowed into the country ten days prior to the beginning date of the h1 employment.  Thus, if you want her to come to the US quicker, she may have enter on H4 and then leave the country and reenter on H1 prior to her work date.  
Mark Ashley
www.ashleykrishnan.com

Mark Ashley