Immigration Issues/immigration forms,


QUESTION: I am filing immigration forms,my question is,
on form I-485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or adjust Status. Part 2 Application Type.
I could not find the exact answer fits my stuation
only H. would be but I dont know what to write there.
and we dont need a sponsor, on form I-864 Affivite of support under section 213A of the act:
Should I write my wifes details? she will be sponsor of mine,
thannk you in advance

ANSWER: Zeynel Boztepe,
I am unable to answer your question without the information you have provided me. You need to provide information on what basis are u planning to file the Adjustment of Status. What country are u from? Who are married too? What country is your wife from? What is her status? How did you enter the US? What is your status?

Ramasamy Krishnan

---------- FOLLOW-UP ----------

QUESTION: Dear Ramasamy Krisnan, I wrote detailed one but it came back to me, because it was long, anyway,
I came to USA with B1-B2 I am from Turkey, I am married, my wife is also from Turkey, she is US citizen, and  I have sent my papers to immigration to get extention for my I-94, it still pending, even its over 3 months,
thank you...

Dear Zeynel,
You need to check the Part 2, a box since you are considered an immediate relative.

Your wife needs to complete the form I-864 and provide the supporting documents. So her details go into it.

The forms that need to be completed are:

1) Form I-485
2) Form I-130
3) Form G-325 for both spouses
4) Form I-864
5) Form I-765 for your employment authorization
6) Form I-131 travel document if you wish to leave the US while your case is pending.
Also you need to send
7) Medical Report
8) Passport size photos for you and your wife
9) filing fees
10) supporting documents.

Best of luck,

Ramasamy Krishnan  

Immigration Issues

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


Ramasamy Krishnan


Immigration particularly business immigration and National Interest Waivers.


I have over 7 years of experience in all facets of immigration law. Specifically focusing on filing of National Interest Waivers (NIW), Alien of Extraordinary Ability and Outstanding Researchers/Professors petitions for Ph.D's and other advanced degree professionals. I have also assisted clients in numerous PERM, H-1b, L and other nonimmigrant visa applications. I am a partner at the law firm Ashley & Krishnan,

©2017 All rights reserved.