Immigration Issues/source of "prevailing wage"?

Question
Dear Mark,
I am filing H1b for my employee. Can I use salary.com instead of flcdatacenter.com as a source to determine prevailing wage? Will immigration officer recognize this source?
Thank you!

Answer
Kevin,
No, I suggest that you use the dept of labor survey.  Salary.com survey in my opinion is not a well recognized site and does not take into account all of the parameters that the dept of labor does.  As a practical point if the H1b approves the case using salary.com you may be liable later on for back wages if it is determined that you have paid below the prevailing wage.
Good Luck
Mark Ashley
www.ashleykrishnan.com

Mark Ashley