Immigration Issues/visiting USA


Hello, i'm Filpina and married to american. he is working in middle were planning to visit his family this year.we gt married in philippines. my question is, is it hard for me to apply visit visa in my country to your country without him? what wd i need to do? do they allow me to apply visits visa alone?
I look for ward for your answer.
Thank you and more power!

sincerely yours,

If you are married, there are few options other than applying for a permanent visa. And this will take time. And he will need to be present to prove that the relationship is valid. Furthermore, if you got married, but have not lived together for any significant period of time, it is almost impossible for you to be approved. You both need to live together in order to prove that your marriage is legitimate.

I suspect both you and he received very bad advice in this matter, since these issues should have been considered before you got married.

Best of luck.

Immigration Issues

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


Alexander J. Hay


I am a U.S. lawyer with offices in Houston, Texas and in Belize. I can answer questions on U.S. Immigration, U.S. corporate law, and Offshore Tax and Asset Planning.
If you are on an H or L visa I am NOT GOING TO ANSWER your questions since they are usually highly fact oriented, and also you have a company attorney handling the whole thing. Call your own attorney please! If you disregard this request, don't be surprised if I answer with "homework question".


I am a U.S. attorney with offices in the United States and Belize. I have experience helping to protect assets, reduce taxes, and improve investment performance by utilizing global investment techniques.

Harvard University, A.B. degree; University of Houston Law Center, J.D. Degree; Fulbright Scholar

©2017 All rights reserved.