Immigration Issues/I 485 application

Question
Thanks for your great volunteer work. Appreciate it.

I recently have gotten my I-140 (Eb2) approved.  Thus, I will be applying for my I-485 soon (current with my PD).  Here are some of my questions.

1)  My wife is on F1 visa (from H4 to F1), can she apply for change of status (i485), together with EAD, and advance parole) with me this month ?

2)  Hopefully not, but what if the I-485 is denied, will it affect her F1 visa ?  

3)  I am currently on H1b (7th yr extension), is it fine for me to apply for EAD and Advance parole at the same time even if I dont plan on using them ?

4)  If ever, I receive my EAD, can I apply/accept another job (similar to my current position) or should I wait fo my actual GC approval ?

Thanks in advance for your help.  Have a great weekend Sir!

Ramon

Answer
Ramon,

Answers:
1) She can. F-1 status does not bar her from filing for her I-485
2) It will not affect her F-1 but she will not be able to extend her F status. Do you have any specific reason to suspect that your I-485 will be denied? Mostly the I-485 would be denied if the applicant has a criminal record.
3) You can apply for it even if you plan not to use it.

4) You can port to a similar job provided your I-140 is approved and 180 days have passed since you filed your I-485

Sincerely,
Ramasamy Krishnan
www.ashleykrishnan.com

Ramasamy Krishnan