Immigration Issues/B1; I-94 extension pending; can I reenter?

Question
Dear Sir,

I arrived in US on March 28, 2008, got I-94 until April 27, 2008. I applied for an extension of B1 requesting up to June 27th. I left US on June 27, 2008 and got back to India while the I-94 extension request is still pending.

I now want to reenter US on another business requirement. Can I do that while I haven't heard back yet about my last extension request?

I appreciate your response. Thanks for your time & help

Answer
Ravi,
Yes, you can enter.  The fact that you left the country during the pendency of your extension application is an abandonment of the application.  I would tell you to take a copy of your extension application with you to show that you did not overstay your B.
Good Luck
Mark Ashley
www.ashleykrishnan.com

Mark Ashley