Immigration Issues/B1; I-94 extension pending; can I reenter?

Dear Sir,

I arrived in US on March 28, 2008, got I-94 until April 27, 2008. I applied for an extension of B1 requesting up to June 27th. I left US on June 27, 2008 and got back to India while the I-94 extension request is still pending.

I now want to reenter US on another business requirement. Can I do that while I haven't heard back yet about my last extension request?

I appreciate your response. Thanks for your time & help

Yes, you can enter.  The fact that you left the country during the pendency of your extension application is an abandonment of the application.  I would tell you to take a copy of your extension application with you to show that you did not overstay your B.
Good Luck
Mark Ashley

Mark Ashley

Business Immigration. My practice focuses on representing researchers, scholars, and other advanced degree professionals with filing NIW, EB-1,O-1, H-1, L-1 petitions. I am a founding partner in the immigration law firm Ashley & Krishnan,

18 years as a practicing attorney.

Member of AILA

JD from St. Mary's University, Texas.

American Jurisprudence Award recipient