Immigration Issues/F1-Green card

Question
Hello,
I am a Master's student set to graduate in December 2009. I am engaged to an American citizen and would like to marry in September 2008. However, should I submit my paperwork to change my status soon after after I marry    and forgo OPT (once I file my paperwork I can no longer apply for OPT)or is it safer to wait until I graduate and have an OPT card? What is the safest way to approach this.
Thanks.

Answer
Nicole,
I am not able to understand what you mean "by safest method". You should be fine with both options. It is your call to choose the options available to you. The marriage option would lead to a conditional green card and I am sure you are aware of it.

Sincerely,
Ramasamy Krishnan
www.ashleykrishnan.com

Ramasamy Krishnan