Immigration Issues/F1 stamping in mexico

Question
Hi
I am currently working in the US on H1 that is valid until sep 15 2010 (H1 was stamped in the passport in canada last year). I have got admission to a PhD program with funding. I am planning to go to mexico to get my F1 stamping. My question is if my F1 is rejected can I enter the US on my H1. I am taking vacation from my company and travelling to mexico.

Answer
Hi Rajeev,

Yes, in your scenario you can enter the U.S. on existing H1B visa stamped in your passport that is valid until September, 2010. However, the purpose of your entry must be to continue employment with the H1B employer. Therefore, do not resign from the H1B employer prior to departing the U.S.

Ajay K. Arora, Esq.
www.h1b1.com

Ajay K. Arora